Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery Can Dramatically Enhance Your Weight Loss Results
Losing a significant amount of weight is a great achievement, but even after attaining your health goals, loose and saggy skin throughout your body can prevent you from fully enjoying your results. Post-bariatric plastic surgery can tighten excess skin and reshape your body following dramatic weight loss. A number of body contouring procedures can create a more toned and attractive appearance. Dr. Liza María Pompa González and her surgical team have performed thousands of weight loss surgeries at LIMARP® in Tijuana, Mexico, and Dr. Marco Rodas has helped many of these patients through plastic surgery after massive weight loss. Together, we have helped patients from all over the world achieve their physical and cosmetic goals.
What is Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery?
Post-bariatric plastic surgery is a body contouring option often recommended for patients who have lost a significant amount of weight but are still struggling from poor skin elasticity, stubborn pockets of fat, and weakened muscles. Excess skin can cause rashes, limit physical activity and clothing options, and make you appear even heavier. Body contouring procedures can address multiple areas, such as the upper arms, breasts, abdomen, thighs, and buttocks to dramatically improve your weight loss results. These treatments can address excess skin and folds on the neck, arms, breasts, back, abdomen, hips, thighs, and buttocks. The best candidates include patients in good overall health who are at a healthy, stable weight and are committed to following a healthy lifestyle.
Types of Post-Bariatric Plastic Surgery
Each cosmetic surgery is personalized to the patient’s health goals and can combine a variety of plastic surgeries. Procedures that patients typically undergo include:
- Neck Lift: During this procedure, discreet incisions are made to tighten and reposition the underlying tissues and muscles throughout the neck to create a more youthful appearance. Once the tissue is properly positioned, Dr. Rodas will remove excess skin to smooth fine lines and deep wrinkles. This procedure can create smoother skin along the neck as well as create a more defined jawline.
- Arm Lift: Toned arms are one of the harder features to obtain, even after massive weight loss. This procedure is designed to remove saggy skin and stubborn fat in the upper arms to add definition and shape.
- Breast Lift: Weight fluctuations can cause breasts to sag and deform. During this procedure, Dr. Rodas will reposition the breast tissue, areola, and nipple, as well as remove excess skin to create a perkier and more youthful bust. Breast implants can be combined with this procedure for patients desiring added volume.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is often combined with a tummy tuck, arm lift, or thigh lift for patients struggling with stubborn fat deposits, in addition to excess skin.
- Tummy Tuck: Poor skin elasticity and stubborn fat cells throughout the midsection can cause low self-confidence and health problems, as well as prevent clothes from fitting properly. During a tummy tuck, Dr. Rodas will remove and reposition excess tissue and tighten weakened abdomen muscles to create a flatter, more toned midsection.
- Back Lift: Incisions can be made in the lower or upper back to address loose skin you are not able to target with a tummy tuck.
- Butt Lift: Loose skin in the lower back and buttocks can cause the bottom to appear flat, droopy, and unattractive. During a butt lift, Dr. Rodas can remove excess skin and add volume with a fat transfer or butt implants.
- Thigh Lift: The thighs are difficult to tone, even following a healthy diet and diligent exercise routine. This procedure is designed to remove excess skin and fat in the hips and upper legs to create shapelier thighs.
Achieve Your Goals
If you are looking for an excellent solution to enhancing your weight loss results, you may enjoy the benefits that post-bariatric plastic surgery can provide. Contact LIMARP® online to schedule your consultation or by calling (664) 686-2542 (Mexico) or (619) 270-8823 (USA).