Transform the Size, Shape and Symmetry of Your Bust with Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation by Dr. Marco A. Rodas Nava can enhance the size, shape, projection, and symmetry of your breasts to help you experience an exhilarating new level of confidence. Dr. Rodas Nava is a compassionate surgeon who has helped many women achieve a bust line that provides a flattering complement to their figure, broadening clothing options and boosting self-esteem. During a consultation, he can plan a treatment to help you achieve precisely the bust dimensions you desire.*
Breast Augmentation Candidacy
Breast augmentation can benefit those who wish to correct:
- Disproportionately small breasts
- Loss of volume in the breasts after weight loss or childbearing
- Results of a previous augmentation with unsatisfactory results
- Uneven or asymmetrical breasts
The best candidates are non-smokers over the age of 18 in good general health who do not suffer from diabetes or an autoimmune disorder. Dr. Rodas Nava will carefully review your medical history and assess the current state of your health to determine if breast augmentation is safe for you. In some cases, Dr. Rodas Nava may recommend combining breast augmentation with a breast lift in order to achieve the bustline you desire.*
During the initial consultation, we will discuss your concerns and your aesthetic goals. Contrary to popular belief, most women do not augment their breasts to make them larger as much as to improve their shape and firmness. Whatever your desired outcome, feel free to bring pictures with you to the consultation to help Dr. Rodas Nava understand your cosmetic goals. After reviewing your concerns, he will conduct a physical examination of your breast tissue and skin, and plan the best way to achieve your desired outcome for the shape and size of your augmented breasts.
Among other things, we will discuss:
- Implant options: saline or silicone
- The surgical procedure
- Post-surgical care
- Recovery timeline
- Cost and financing options
Types of Implants
Both saline and silicone implants are safe and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Saline implants are composed of a thin silicone shell, which is surgically implanted and then subsequently filled with saline (a type of sterile saltwater) solution. Silicone implants are filled with silicone gel before implantation. Many patients feel silicone has a more lifelike feel. However, patients who have a larger frame or ample breast tissue can often experience satisfying results with saline implants.
Your doctor will help you weigh which type of implant will best meet your needs, among other factors.
Pros and Cons of Saline Implants
As aforementioned, saline implants are filled with a sterile saltwater solution. Therefore, if any leaks or ruptures occur, the body will simply absorb the saline without any harm. In addition, they are also more cost-effective compared to their silicone counterparts.
One disadvantage to saline implants is that they are more prone to rippling. This is because the saltwater filler does not offer as much outward resistance as silicone. For this reason, silicone implants may be a better option for thinner women who do not have as much natural breast tissue.
Pros and Cons of Silicone Implants
Silicone implants are widely considered the most natural-looking breast implants. This is because the texture closely mimics actual breast tissue. Because the silicone filler is more viscous, rippling is far less likely compared to saline implants.
One of the most significant disadvantages of silicone implants is that ruptures can be undetectable. They also have a higher rate of capsular contracture, a condition in which the surrounding scar tissue hardens and disfigures the breasts. Finally, silicone implants are pre-filled. Therefore, a larger incision is required for placement.
Both saline and silicone implants come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and textures to help you achieve precisely the results you desire. Both varieties have distinct advantages that may make one a more suitable choice than the other, depending on the patient. Dr. Pompa González can help you determine which type of implant is right for your aesthetic goals, breast shape, desired breast size, and other personal factors.
Breast Augmentation Procedure
Breast augmentation surgery can typically be completed in about one to two hours. General steps to this process include:
- Anesthesia: In most instances, breast augmentation is performed under general anesthesia. The patient will be unconscious and asleep during the entire procedure. Afterward, it is normal to feel tired and groggy for several hours.
- Incisions: Once you are comfortable, your surgeon will create an incision. The type and location will be dependent on your unique needs. However, most incisions are placed in the crease under the breast, the armpit, or around the areola. Dr. Rodas Nava will strategically place the incisions to minimize scarring.
- Implant placement: Once the sites are prepared, the breast implants will be placed. These may be positioned above or beneath the pectoral muscle, depending on your unique case. Dr. Rodas Nava will discuss your options with you in detail during your initial consultation.
- Stitches: After the implants have been placed, the incisions will be closed with surgical sutures. In most cases, absorbable stitches will be used. This means they will fall out on their own during the healing process.
- Bandages: Dr. Rodas Nava may place surgical drains in the incisions to help reduce swelling and inflammation. You will also be fitted for a compression garment which will help support and contour the healing tissues.
Recovery following Breast Augmentation
Immediately following breast augmentation, patients should go home and rest. All strenuous activity should be avoided until further notice, including lifting, bending, or straining. Dr. Rodas Nava will let you know when it is safe to resume normal activity. He will also provide you with a list of comprehensive post-surgical instructions, which should be followed closely for a successful recovery.
As with any surgical procedure, some level of discomfort is to be expected. This side effect typically begins to diminish after 48 hours and can be managed successfully with prescription medications and over-the-counter pain relievers. During the early stages of recovery, it is common to feel sore, tired, and fatigued.
Residual swelling can linger for up to five weeks or longer after breast augmentation. During this time, the breasts will likely be very sensitive. Scarring typically fades dramatically over the first several months, but your scars will never disappear completely. However, Dr. Rodas Nava will use inconspicuous incision placement to minimize the appearance of scarring.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you would like to enhance the contours and firmness of your bust, a breast augmentation procedure performed by an experienced surgeon can help you achieve the results you envision. Contact our clinic online today or call (866) 585-3298 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Rodas Nava and the team at LIMARP®.